Kuala Lumpur Vaishnava Samelan 3, September 2008
Posted by iskconklnews on September 17, 2008
Author: HG Rasika Murari dasa
All Glories to Srila Prabhupada
All Glories to Sri Sri Jagannatha Baladeva and Subhadra Maiya
All Glories to Sri Sri Guru and Gauranga
Please accept my humble obeisances
Kuala Lumpur Vaishnava Samelan 3, September 2008
It was full of excitement and heart fulfilling two nights and three days in Glory Beach Resort. Yes, the third KLVS Samelan surely engraved in the entire 300 participant’s heart with superbly planned and executed programs specially catered for our Yatra.
The topics of discussion were focused and addressed the many pending issues in our Yatra which urgently need resolution . Though the participants dwindled the second day, nevertheless, those 200 odd that stayed back is the sure sign that we are treading the path of transformation in both the form and substance.
The barbeque sharing session was so enchanting with Srila Prabhupada’s witty pastimes. The ample association time allotted with HH Jayapataka Swami was something to be relished eternally, as we are getting fewer and fewer Sannyasis to visit these days due to their very busy preaching schedule in other parts of the world. The thought provoking talks, lively discussions and senior’s testimonies was an eye-opener for many. The mesmerizing, bombastic and colorful multi-media presentation was so exciting that makes everyone pinned to their seats. The skits by our children and youth brought about so much laughter and tears.
There was so much Kirtan, ecstatic Kirtan throughout the convention i.e. morning Kirtan, evening Kirtan, midnight Kirtan and beach Kirtan. It attracted young and old to move with the transcendental beat of khol (mridanga) and karatal. Then it was raised to another level with the presence of Gauradesh (Bengali) devotees during the Sunday Gurupuja. All around the main hall, devotees were jumping up and down full of excitement.
All kudos to the PD Yatra for cooking mouth watering Prasadam on time. It was commendable; each set of Prasadam tasted better than the previous. Truly, it was out of the world, finger licking goodness.
Being the World Holy Name week, the Harinam Sankirtan Department of SJMKL with the assistance from the local, Port Dickson (Prabhupada Desh) devotees organized mega Harinam in the surrounding neighbourhood. A total of 20 Harinam teams comprising 200 devotees invaded 200 homes, distributed 1000 packets of prasadam and distributed about 200 books all within an hour.
Appended are some of the testimonies given by the blissful participants of KLVS 3
1. The genuine bonding and feeling of oneness as a family was overwhelming. We left the PD, “My Temple, My Home” gathering with a heavy heart:
(Mr. & Mrs. Raj – Melawati)
2. KLVS-3, really made me feel at home:
(HG Ekaleshvar d – FFL)
3. No better theme could serve the purpose of executing Srila Prabhupada’s mission. “My Temple , My Home.” This home and the residents of the home under any circumstances stay united with one direction, will definitely bring Jagannatha Mandir to greater heights and become exemplary to the entire world in spreading the Hare Krsna movement in the way it should be done just like how Srila Prabhupada would do personally:
(Bhaktin Gauri Rajasekaran)
4. The 3rd KLVS had brought my heart closer to our Temple , Sri Jagannatha Mandir. The theme made me realize the importance of treating our temple as our home; a family institution where all the members work in unity and caring for each others. It was truly inspiring and many unforgettable moments: (Bhakta Prajindra, VOICE).
5. I feel very fortunate to be part of the KLVS-3. The presence of HH Jayapataka Swami, ecstatic Kirtan, Harinam Sankirtan, sumptuous Prasadam, and the association of like minded devotees were the perfect ingredient for an invigorating experience in Krsna Consciousness:
(Bhakta Kumaragurubalan – HSD).
6. The theme “My Temple, My Home” has really given us a realization that our Sri Jagannatha Mandir is our home and what ever activities, festivals etc. have to be done even more vibrant. I really liked the sharing session as many devotees voiced up on current issues sought out solution to enrich the quality and quantity of Seva in our Mandir. I congratulate the organizing team for their effort and looking forward to KLVS 4:
(HG Vrndakundesvari dd)
Personally, the dedication and the seriousness of our Yatra leaders, headed by HG Uttama Caitanya pr, who are working tirelessly to imbibe the mood, “My Temple, My Home” to the SJMKL congregation stands out. They are putting so much effort along this line and hoping for undivided and fullest cooperation from the congregation members, which clearly stands out at this KLVS 3. Hari Bol!!!
Rasika Murari dasa
One of many blissful participants in KLVS 3, 2008